The booking line will be open on Monday 28 August. Please view the dates and interviews instructions below.
- Best not-for-profit programme - Monday 18 September (am)
- Best operational programme - Monday 18 September (pm)
- Best private/commercial programme - Wednesday 20 September (am)
- Best training partnership - Wednesday 20 September (pm)
- Best coaching/mentoring programme - Thursday 21 September (am)
- Best change management programme - Thursday 21 September (pm)
- Best sales programme - Monday 25 September (am)
- Best public sector programme - Monday 25 September (pm)
- Best organisational development programme - Tuesday 26 September (am)
- L&D professional of the year - Tuesday 26 September (pm)
- Best leadership development programme - Wednesday 27 September (am)
- Best talent development programme - Wednesday 27 September (pm)
- Best use of technology in learning - Monday 2 October (am)
- Best apprenticeship programme - Monday 2 October (pm)
- Best customer experience programme - Tuesday 3 October (am)
- L&D team of the year - Tuesday 3 October (pm)
The interview process:
The interviews are compulsory and failure to attend will result in a disqualification so make sure the dates are in your diary now.
Interviews last 30 minutes and candidates have up to 10 minutes at the start of the interview to update the judges with new data and findings and to give a personal perspective of their programme and why it deserves a TJ Award. The remainder of the interview enables the judges to ask questions and drill down into the detail of the initiative and to remove any doubts they may have about the standard of the entry.
To help you prepare for the interview, here are some key points about structure, timings and expectations:
- There are usually two judges at the interview.
- The interviews are informal and you will be conversing with the judges around a table.
- Each interview lasts 30 minutes; the first 10 minutes is for the candidates to talk about their programme, presenting any new evidence which might now be available.
- Your introduction can be supported by a short video clip (10min), pre-loaded onto a portable device – please note PowerPoint presentations are not allowed.
- You can send up to three people; a good combination would be: a learner, an L&D professional and a senior manager.
- Bring people who can contribute to the discussion – people with nothing to contribute can be counter-productive to your overall performance.
- Good preparation for the interview is highly recommended.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- This is the final stage of judging and the Gold, Silver and Bronze winners are decided on the basis of this final process.
For further information contact the TJ Awards team:
email@example.com | +44 (0)20 7593 5677